Re: [ox-en] Re: Role of markets

comments inline

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Paul Cockshott <wpc dcs.gla.ac.uk> wrote:

Michel Bauwens wrote:

[Converted from multipart/alternative]

I dont have a triarchy of forms of ownership, I just gave 3 examples and
said that these were the stable forms for industrial production. More
generally I would put forward a 16 fold division of property rights.

Who owns what is the basic question which must be answered by any system of
prop-
erty law.

 - how would you characterize trusts?

What kind of trust?

For example: http://p2pfoundation.net/Trusts: " *stakeholder trusts can
achieve things that neither government nor markets can: responsible and
equitable long-term management of a shared resource*"

After the invention of industrial technologies  which need the co-operation
of a large group of people using expensive equipment to produce things,
there are only three possible forms of property relations that can
reproduce
themselves:

 1. Private capitalist industry
 2. Publicly owned industry
 3. Producer Co-operatives

rereading your original 'there are only 3 forms that can reproduce
themselves', I think this is not correct, there must be others in your 16

here's how peer production, through its licensing regime, reproduces itself:
http://p2pfoundation.net/Circulation_of_the_Common