Re: [ox-en] There is no such thing like "peer money"

Hi Michel and all!

Last month (44 days ago) Michel Bauwens wrote:
there are 2 discussions:

1) whether money, 'by itself', has problematic aspects ... it probably does,
but may be a necessary evil for a long time to come

Well, I replied to Sam that it is *capitalist* money which is really
the problem. Indeed we should probably be more specific here.

2) whehter money has different characteristics according to 1) its usage in
different societal models; 2) its underlying protocol

If an exchange system dominates society then it is a problem - no
matter on how you model the details.

But there were pre-capitalist societies which had money but were not
dominated by it - partly because the money-driven sector was marginal.

I wonder whether one can think of post-capitalist situations where
money exists but no longer dominates society. Frankly I can not
imagine what money could be good for if it is no longer necessary for
the organization of the whole social fabric. This probably needs more
thought...