[ox-en] Fwd: Draft: Building Global Info Commons paper

Thanks for eventually helping out Andrew Garton with advice,

Michel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: andrew garton <ag apc.org.au>
Date: Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 7:47 AM
Subject: Draft: Building Global Info Commons paper
To: michelsub2004 gmail.com

Hi Michel,

It's been a long while between emails, so I'm hoping your good, safe and
as resourceful as ever...

I've got something akin to a draft that I'm working through now that
I've had feedback from a few APC people... and time to complete it.

http://wiki.apc.org.au/index.php?title=Growing_the_Global_Information_Commons
http://tinyurl.com/68p4tf

As I near a final draft, there are some additional elements I've been
asked to add and as such, am seeking further consultation with people
such as yourself.

If you can spare the time, I'm hoping you can given me some brief
pointers / advice on the following more policy related questions. You
input through the early process was invaluable...

+ Policy, regulation

What do you see as the main trends, challenges and opportunities in
policy and regulation related to the information commons globally and
regionally.

+ Policy spaces

Michel, are you aware of any specific policy spaces/ instruments and
frameworks that impact on the commons? Outside of CC that is...

+ Advocacy and campaigns

And finally, what do you consider as the most important advocacy /
campaigns dealing with the commons that would be strategic for APC to be
aligned with?

---

Let me know what you think is possible?

Look forward to hearing from you... Oh, and if you feel there are
specifics I should look at, that are yet to be covered (noting this is a
draft and not representative of a completed document), I would value
your input...

Kind regards,
-ag.

--

andrew garton

http://agarton.org/
http://apc.org.au/
Tel. [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED] (0) 680 2139551 (Austria)

--
The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer
alternatives.

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at
http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html
BEST VIDEO ON P2P: