Re: [ox-en] Difference between Physical and Information production

congrats to the oekonux conference - it seems to have been quite sucessful!

> I'm very interested in the perceived and actual differences between
> the 'informational' and the 'physical' goods.

i think one important issue/difference relates to the nature of tasks involved and consequently the incentives of people to contribute: physical production involves to a much larger degree repetitive, boring tasks. imho, this is likely to have a considerable impact on incenvtives of people to contribute voluntarily without any remuneration. writing code, making songs, drawing comics challenges the creativity of the contributor. i would think that a "typical production job" is not very fulfilling personally and incentives to contribute are much lower - even compared to unpopular "information good tasks" like writing documentation and beta testing.