Re: Profit and Value, was: Re(2): [ox-en] extrinsic motivation = coercion

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Franz Nahrada <f.nahrada reflex.at> wrote:
Smari Writes

Profit != benefit. All work and produce thereof is, we can imagine, in
some way beneficial. However, profit comes only when the value of the
product is higher than the cost of production. If I try to profit from
you, I am trying to get from you more than what I am offering is worth.

But how do I know what what I am offering is worth?

Certainly we must at least reclaim the *costs* of that production, and
Wages are one of those *costs*.

But, again, variation in how we define terms is probably keeping us
from understanding one another.

Franz, within you definitions, what is the difference between 'Price'
and 'Cost', or do you see them as the same thing?

Within your definitions, what is the difference between 'Wage' and
'Profit', or do you see them as the same thing?

Within you definitions, what is the difference between 'Worker' and
'Owner', or do you see them as the same thing?

Thanks,
Patrick