Re: [ox-en] Necessary growth (was: Re: Explanation of interest)

Hi Stefan:

I think there are 2 issues:

- growth in immaterial aspects: that may be considered, given a few caveats
(such as the material basis on which it may rest), potentially infinite

- growth in material aspects: possible as long as it is compatible with the
rate of renewal of the resource

So a culture can learn to limit its material growth in certain areas,
nurture physical relative abundance wherever it is possible, and refocus its
core efforts on the immaterial aspects of culture

Michel