[ox-en] Gift economies - again

Hi,

Perhaps this is slightly off-topic, but I just have a quick question.

Is there any forum which is dedicated to furthering gift-economy and sharing practices? I know that some (but not all) readers here are interested in this, but - at the same time - I'm not sure this is the most ideal forum for such discussions (I welcome differing viewpoints on that - i.e. if people think this is a good place to discuss such things, I am happy to do so). If there isn't such a forum already, might it be worth exploring the idea of establishing one?

Something which approaches this with the sort of earnestness that the free software community approached the task of building a free operating system is what I'm looking for.

I'm aware of the P2P ning group, and it seems to be a strong and healthy community, but a lot of the people involved seem to be proponents of alternative currencies and other exchange-based paradigms - which is not what I'm looking for.
There is also justfortheloveofit.org , but I'm not sure the people behind that are interested in collaboration.
Then there is the postscarcity / abundance forum ( http://groups.google.com/group/postscarcity ) - but discussion about abundance when not everyone agrees on the importance of sharing, or of helping each other outside of exchange contexts, can only go so far I feel.

In the interest of openness, I'm involved in something like this myself, which you can read about at : http://habitat.us.to/ . People are very welcome to use the forum there if they wish, but I'm not implying that that is the ideal venue either. It's also only in the early stages of development (and might be undergoing changes, etc.).

Anyway, I would be interested in people's thoughts / suggestions.

Sincerely
david