Term to classify goods
- Excludable: Others can be excluded from using a good
- Matching legal concept: property
- Can be cast onto everything
- Can be hard to maintain though
For instance: Information goods in Internet age
- Necessary to create scarcity
- Non-excludable: Others can not be excluded from using it
- Anything which can not be private property?
- Non-excludable goods are often public goods
For instance: Roads
- Each market is based on excludable goods
- Free Software made non-excludable by the license
- Chance of contributions rises when more people use it
- Regardless of how many "free ride"
GPL society: Extending principles of Free Software to rival goods while dropping exclusion