Message 00148 [Homepage] [Navigation]

CVs or scientific committee (was: Re: [jox] Pot-pourri)

Hi StefanMz, Mathieu, all!

Yesterday Stefan Meretz wrote:
On 2009-11-17 23:33, Mathieu O'Neil wrote:
=Stefan Merten=

As an idea for further improvement: At the moment thanks to Mathieu
the members of the Scientific Committee are listed on the `current
 web page`_ just with name and affiliation. Later I'd find it useful
 if for each member there is an own page or one page listing all
 members with a bit more detail. In particular I - but probably
 others as well - am interested in the background of people. At the
 very least I think this serves the new members as well as the
 founders of this project.

(Mathieu:)

At this stage I would suggest simply putting a link to the academic /
 professional homepage of the various people, rather than collating
 and setting up a lot of pages on the journal site; what do others
 think?

Since not all people do have a "homepage",

That's my point also. Please keep in mind that not everyone here is a
scientist with an official scientific affiliation.

we could offer to give some
personal informations on a jox-page, but a link to an external page is
fine too. As a compromise each member could have a page with, at least,
name, affiliation, foto, and a link to an external page or some additional
personal information as they wish.

I hope over the weekend I'll be able to set up the website as outlined
on [pox] recently. Then I'd think that is is useful if every member of
the scientific committee gets an own account there. This creates the
option of a personal homepage where everybody can put to what s/he
likes. Unless someone objects I'll create accounts then.

This would also open up an easy solution for pages where less public
things can be discussed. This stuff can be configured to be visible
only by a certain user group - for instance the scientific committee.

Message 00148 [Homepage] [Navigation]