From: Stefan Meretz <stefan meretz.de>
Date: Sunday, November 22, 2009 5:03 pm
Subject: Re: [jox] Re: Multi-rating mode of evaluation / Updating papers
To: journal oekonux.org

On 2009-11-22 13:21, graham wrote:
IIRC language was part of the rating, right? This would
discriminate against those who are not so familiar with english
language.

Isn't that a good thing? If an article is in poor English, the
English should be improved. But even in a conventional review
process a reviewer can suggest improvements to the language,
and if
this is likely to be a common issue for us we could always ask
reviewers to pay special attention to this aspect and request that
they offer help if possible.

Indeed, this is a good thing, but then we should put language
out of
rating.

Ciao,

Start here: www.meretz.de

****
Dr Mathieu O'Neil
Adjunct Research Fellow
Australian Demographic and Social Research Institute
College of Arts and Social Science
The Australian National University

E-mail: mathieu.oneil anu.edu.au
Tel.: (61 02) 61 25 38 00