Message 00164 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] Re: Multi-rating mode of evaluation / Updating papers

On 2009-11-22 19:18, Mathieu O'Neil wrote:
In my view, all published texts have to be be in good English. I dont
have a problem with removing "language" from the rating category if
that is what people want to do but this would not resolve the
problem of what to do with papers written in poor English...
Reviewers can indeed suggest improvements but if these improvements
are not taken into account, or not sufficiently to my liking, then
we are faced with a problem. In my view, unless the article is a
groundbreaking masterpiece, it is the author's responsability to
present a well-written text. We already discussed in July and agreed
about this, I think.

No question. But does rating of language of an improved text does any
longer make sense? The reviewer improving the text should rate
him/herself?

My only point was the rating, not the help all poor english writers
(like me) would warmly accept :-)

Ciao,

Start here: www.meretz.de

Message 00164 [Homepage] [Navigation]