Message 00174 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: Consensus? 01 - (was: Re: [jox] Reviewer for 'pschological' papers)

That's fine Alex, thanks for this. You can add another link later if you want.

cheers,

Mathieu

On 11/27/09, Alex Halavais <alex halavais.net> wrote:
So, I don't currently have a full listing of my work (i.e., a vita) up
on the web at the moment. I probably will sometime before the end of
the year.

Wonder if something like this works:

a) Associate Professor, Quinnipiac University
b) http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=halavais+alex+alexander
c) social media (generally), social network analysis, hyperlink
analysis, social media (blogs, wikis) in education, participatory
learning, social movements, search engines, pornography, automated
textual analysis, agenda setting, mobile & wearable devices.

Best,

Alex

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Mathieu O'Neil
<mathieu.oneil anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi Ricky, all
>
> Thanks for your message. Well, as stated below, that is indeed the
> requirement I am suggesting for Scientific Committee membership. If no-one
> objects we can proceed to the next phase:
>
> 1.Could all approached SC members please forward to me or to the list asap:
>
> a-most current institutional affiliation (if relevant),
> b-webpage / website "listing their writings and thoughts about the subject
> in which they are claiming expert status", and
> c-resear ch interests (to be added to their site page or popup and to help
> decide who gets to review what).
>
> If for whatever reason these conditions cannot be met, then we should in my
> view be coherent and reevaluate whether SC membership is appropriate.
>
> 2.I will approach the couple of people that have been suggested or who
> contacted me directly with these requirements.
>
> Concerning the other matters under discussion (peer review and in particular
> the wisdom of having a rating system, or not; the updating of submissions)
> it is not so simple. If we abandon ratings that is a significant shift from
> our original plan. We could still claim to be moving from the traditional
> system in terms of greater openness and cooperation at the review stage and
> greater flexibility through comments or updates after publication. If no-one
> else has anything to say about these points I will go through the various
> perspectives and attempt to formulate a consensus position.
>
> cheers,
>
> Mathieu
>

> On 11/27/09, Ricky Herlitz <rickywings web.de> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> On 2009-11-22 Mathieu O'Neil wrote:
> ------
> Hi Stefan
>
> (...)
>
> Re your questions: I don't think there are any restrictions as to who
> can join the list. Regarding adding people to the Scientific Committee my
> position as stated previously is that people on the SC are claiming to
> speak with authority about a certain field and that this should be
> verified by a link to a page establishing their "credentials" or
> archiving / listing their writings and thoughts about the subject in
> which they are claiming expert status. If the person you are supporting
> fits either of those criteria then there is no problem from my
> perspective. I did do a rapid google search on that name and came up
> with nothing but since
> a) there is no clear consensus about membership criteria yet and
> b) I'm not sure that it's part of my "job description" to perfom such
> searches to verify whether someone is qualified or not,
> I did not pursue this.
> -----
>
> You would not have found anything of interest anyway. As Stefan mentioned
> I'm planning to write my diploma thesis next year. So far I have only done
> my 'regular' studies Though that ist not supposed to say that I'm studying
> [...]

//
// This email is
// [ ] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
// [X] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
//
// Alexander C. Halavais, ciberflâneur
// http://alex.halavais.net
//

****$Dr Mathieu O'Neil$Adjunct Research Fellow$Australian Demographic and Social Research Institute$College of Arts and Social Science$The Australian National University$$E-mail\3a mathieu.oneil anu.edu.au$Tel.\3a \2861 02\29 61 25 38 00$Web\3a http\3a//adsri.anu.edu.au/people/visitors/mathieu.php$Mail\3a Coombs Building, 9$Canberra, ACT 0200 - AUSTRALIA$ ______________________________ http://www.oekonux.org/journal

Message 00174 [Homepage] [Navigation]