Message 00368 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[jox] New layout options

Hi!

Site is up again.

During the last days I tried to figure out what Plone offers to create
rich pages. I tried out two products which seem to be very useful.

I just installed these two products giving additional layout options.
You can use these products by choosing new options from the "Add
new..." menu:

* Article

  An article is a page of text content which can be enriched with
  images, links and attached files. There are a couple of templates to
  choose from controlling how the images / links / attachments are
  arranged relative to the text.

  This is a somewhat limited approach but for simple documents it
  probably is a good choice. There is also the option to add new
  templates.

  There is also a multiple article option but this seems not very
  useful to me.

  Homepage is http://plone.org/products/plonearticle

* Collage

  A collage is not content itself but a container for content. A
  collage gives you rows containing columns containing any type of
  content.

  This is a very powerful and flexible way to layout a content page
  giving you standard table oriented layout options. Of course it
  needs certainly more work and more concept than articles.

  Homepage is http://plone.org/products/collage

There are more similar products but they seem to be outdated or
similar in function. These two products seem to be supported well,
however. I think they are a good choice for creating interesting
layouts. Article for simple things and Collage when you need full
control.

Here you find two examples:

	http://cspp.oekonux.org/scientific-committee/website/examples

Now if you have some artistic talents you should be able to create
something fancy.

Message 00368 [Homepage] [Navigation]