Message 00804 [Homepage] [Navigation]

[jox] Web archiving core list (was: Re: Creation of core list)

Hi core!

Last week (12 days ago) Mathieu ONeil wrote:
Also not sure why you are proposing not to archive? All other lists are.

The reason is simple:

Last month (46 days ago) Mathieu ONeil wrote:
-secrecy. it is necessary for peer reviewing. some authors have subscribed to this list or could read the archives. some reviewers may wish to remain anonymous. if you make everything transparent you are denying them this fundamental right.

If the core list is not archived the privacy you mention is kept -
apart from the core members. I think this is a fair tradeoff.

BTW: I suggested a similar facility for the web site. You refused it
then.

The alternative would be yet another mailing list which then is not
archived on the web. Though this is certainly possible and there are
certainly reasons to do this I'd personally think this would be
overkill.

Message 00804 [Homepage] [Navigation]