Message 00860 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox] A response to Michel Bauwens

thanks Hans-Gert, I'll be patient.

Jakob, the archives of oekonux should be publcly searchable, at least they
were when I left. You may appreciate the contributions of Raoul Victor in
particular. I can put you in touch with him. In general, Oekonux suffers
from an unwillingness to see how peer production is embedded and still
co-dependent within the capitalist system. They assume it is already a
means of production and will evolve in organic stages to its completion,
evacuating political and social struggle.. As long as the commons can't
self-reproduce on its own terms, we can only speak of a proto-mode of
production. On the other side, Kleiner thinks it is merely a mode of
distribution, that is a grave underestimation of its current role. The key
for me is, how can we advance in the autonomous self-reproduction of the
commons, before a hypothetical social revolution that would install it as
the dominant mode?

Whom are the 20th cy marxist authors that you appreciate?