Message 00036 [Homepage] [Navigation]

Re: [jox-tech] Remaining site issues (was: Layout) (II)

Um, I'll clean this up...

----- Original Message -----
From: Mathieu ONeil <mathieu.oneil anu.edu.au>
Date: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 10:50 pm
Subject: Re: [jox-tech] Remaining site issues (was: Layout)
To: journal-tech oekonux.org

Hi StefanDate: Tuesday, October 5, 2010 12:35 am(snip)> > Last
week (7 days ago) Stefan Merten wrote:> >> LOGIN> >> The title
bar should also feature a login button.> > I think I said this
already but Mimbo has a Login link at the bottom> of the page. I
think this suffices.

OK, as mentioned a minute ago if it could be
moved over to the right that would give it more prominence but
not a huge deal.

SITE STRUCTURE> [...]> >> -Call for
submissions (should be called « Home »; needs two >
subcategories: > >> --call for submissions > >> --submission
guidelines)> > > > I renamed the page. I don't understand what
you mean by > subcategories.> Should this become two separate
pages? Then you > have a plain folder as> > the top level page -
probably not what you want.> > I still don't know what you are
thinking of. Any comment?

I called them "sub" because they are part of the page which to my mind is a category of the site but all I meant was that just like other pages have parts or categories which are in the page navigation bar and in the site map  ("journal" has three: "peer review", "people", "lists"), "home" has two parts... "call for submissions" and "submission guidelines".

-Research > >> --Theory stream (all research
is theoretical, delete in my > view; I will make suggestions
later based on CFP categories)> >> -Debate > >> --Activist
(sorry, not quite happy with this subcategory > either, too
vague in my view; same observation as above)> > > > I'll change
this as soon as you come up with a stable set of> > categories.>
I'm still waiting for the categories - but there is no need to
hurry> here.

I dont know why I've been putting this off. Maybe I'm scared to mess things up. Sorry if you said this already but where exactly should I put these new categories? On the "research" page itself? In its navigation toolbar?

Perhaps
we could have another category: for links to other > projects? >
-« Resources »?> > > > No problem. But please descide whether
it should be a top level> > category or in the `Project` folder.
The space in the toolbar for> > top level categories is quite
 limited and in the current theme the> > toolbar is full
already.> > Mimbo has some more space in the toolbar so a
Resources top level> topic is possible. Do you want it top
level?

Mimbo toolbar would be fine, thanks.

cheers,
Mathieu

****
Dr Mathieu O'Neil
Adjunct Research Fellow
Australian Demographic and Social Research Institute
College of Arts and Social Science
The Australian National University
email: mathieu.oneil[at]anu.edu.au
web: http://adsri.anu.edu.au/people/visitors/mathieu.php