Re: [ox-en] [Freesw] meeting report: eHealth in Developing Countries (fwd)

Graham Seaman wrote:
Another forward...this time more in tune with Oekonux (ie.
open source outside the purely software area). I'm not sure if
this is annoying people; are many others on the freesw list and
so receiving these anyway?

I am not on freesw list, so I like to receive well selected mails from
there via ox-en:-)

Stefan

PS: A nice reaction on "viral licenses" from fsfe-list:

By analogy with biology (viruses attacking other cells) and computer
sciencs (virus code modifying other code and data) a viral license
should mean a license that affects other licenses.

Examples of non-viral licenses:

GNU GPL (affects only code derived from GPL'd code which is covered
by the GPL'd code author's copyright according to copyright law;
somewhat like inheritance in biology).

Examples of viral licenses:

The new Microsoft EULA (affects licenses of other code that is not
covered by Microsoft's copyright).
<<

--
  Vereinte Dienstleistungsgewerkschaft / HBV
  HA II, Abteilung Datenverarbeitung