Re:Free administration (was: Re: [ox-en] Collective Consciousness)

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Timm Murray wrote:

Query:  Is anyone here worried that the recent flood of new members from being
slashdotted (and I'm one of them) will create a sort of September-that-never-ended-like
situation?  In other words, you have a lot of new members around here that don't
know the unwritten rules for the list and may permanently damage the list's ecology.
_______________________

I've been on the english list for a while, and there isn't a culture here
to disrupt - it's been almost totally quiet till now. On the other hand,
the  german language list has been  very strong, a lot of people on there
know one another personally (especially since the conference). I think the
problem is more how to get some of the ideas and unwritten rules of that
list transferred to this one - which they are trying to do (eg. Stefan's
pointers to the translations and documents). One problem is quite a few
people on the German list know as little English as I do German, so they
can't all simply join in on this one. If any of the English speaking
people who joined here also know German, it would be very helpful if they
could give some feedback here on the German discussions (I try to follow
some of them but usually get lost very quickly :-(

Graham
PS warning - there are two very active people on the list both called
Stefan: Stefan Meretz and Stefan Merten. Everybody (even the German
speakers) seem to get them confused at first - watch the surnames! ;-)