Re: [ox-en] Brave GNU World

Hi Graham et al.,

Graham Seaman wrote:

>>* Step 4: The new dimension of development becomes dominant and starts
>>  to rule the over-all process (second qualitative leap).

<snip>

> And also that it would be a good idea to include a stage between
> 4 and 5 in the list (or maybe split 5) - the period of co-existence of
> the two forms in different countries - just to give a place to discuss
> these issues.

Step 4 means what you address. Finishing the dominance shift to the new
developing dimension does not mean, that every place and piece is ruled
by that new process type. You have a long period of co-existence of two
qualitatively different principles, not only divided by country, but
inside countries too.

Remember the long and ongoing period of co-existence of capitalist
principles (which are undoubtly dominant all over the world), and a lot
of niches and old-ruled regions and fields around the world. I heard
that in germany up to the begining of the 20th century some regions
don't use money organizing their lives, because they don't have income
in form of money. They use natural exchange.

Maybe that answers your question about others countries. The dominance
shift will not take place at every place to the same extent and same
velocity. Sure, it is too simple to say, that self-unfolding and
self-organization is universal, but it will be. However, there is a huge
amount of open bills, of historical crimes to the people. Oh, oh, the
transition is the biggest problem while we have the gpl-society in
pocket;-)
(I don't know if "having in pocket" makes sense in english, it means: is
more or less solved)

Ciao,

     Vereinte Dienstleistungsgewerkschaft ver.di
     Internetredaktion
     Potsdamer Platz 10, 10785 Berlin
--
     stefan.meretz verdi.de