Re: [ox-en] language and culture (was: Free Software -> Libreware or Liberation Software

On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 sjhs freeshell.org wrote:

Paroli Esperanton estas certe solvo.  Sed estas malfacila lerni cxiu
persono kaj konservi sencon.

My grandfather knew Esperanto; my wife's father too. Because of that
I thought it was an idea from the past which had it's chance and didn't
take off (and I had the impression it wasn't helpful for non-European
language speakers).
I just went to look at http://www.esperanto.net and found both those
impressions were wrong....

 How many people on the list can write Esperanto?
koni novon lingvon malfacila... (took 10 minutes to get that far!)