Re: [ox-en] "illegal operating systems such as Lunix"

Hi US-Americans!

Yesterday geert lovink wrote:
in times of paranoia, some step up parental 'advice'...

http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2001/12/2/42056/2147

Is this true or is this a bad satire?

I mean there are bits like

AMD is a third-world based company
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal
       ^^^^^
hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named
                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

which might seem even wrong for a "concerned parent". After all some
comments suggest that this *is* indeed a joke.

Their mission statement:

There are a number of people who have opinions that don't quite fit
the norm. Because of this, they aren't welcome in many places. This
is where they exercise their right to speak, where the dreams of
tomorrow take flight today.

This site is aimed at middle class white male professionals - the
sort of people who have been sadly sidelined by today's victim
culture, and the domination of homosexuals, geeks, amputees, racial
minorities and Canadians, who have all risen up with their
discrimination laws and 'equality' to sadly control the media
agenda.

These people are not welcome here. This is where we make a stand.
This is where we fight back.

It is also squarely aimed at the marginalised of society --
homosexuals, geeks, amputees, racial minorities and Canadians, who
remain in a state of oppression, kept down by the dominant white
male patriarchy and by insufficiently rigorous 'discrimination' laws
and the corporate media.

These people are welcome here. This is where we make a stand. This
is where we fight back.

Controversial opinions, passionately held. We Are Adequacy.org.

Ahm...

						Puzzled