Re: [ox-en] Self-unfolding education

Hi Benja and all!

One additional small point.

3 weeks (25 days) ago B Fallenstein wrote:
Thirdly, it is *not* self-unfolding to sit in the classroom and do the
things a teacher tells you to do. Granted, if you allow students to
follow their self-unfolding, some students may learn reading at a later
time, and a very, very small number may actually not learn to read at
all. So what? It is students' self-unfolding that is good for them *and*
for society at large, and alienation can only work against that. If a
student takes longer to desire reading, who would gain anything if they
were forced to learn it earlier? If a student does not learn to read at
all, and their talents are in other fields (woodwork, say), what would
be lost if they explored these instead?

I'd like to emphasize that in a world full of written text it's simply
useful to be able to read. I remember when I was a child, that at some
point I was keen to learn reading a clock - because then I know when
my favorite TV programs are running ;-) . This extended my freedom -
just as it extends my freedom when I learn useful things about say
GNU/Linux.