Re: [ox-en] a flame of sorts

Hi Petr!

petr pomorov wrote:
And thus i asked for this list's opinion on what real
action are they taking and what they think should be done.
So far, no reply has been given

With regard to Free Software, I spend a lot of time on development of
GZigZag [http://www.gzigzag.org/], a Free implementation of Ted Nelson's
ZigZag [http://www.xanadu.net/zigzag/], a new way to structure things
you want to think about (as well as internal data) in computers.
Besides, I've recently started a tool for Literate Programming
[http://www.literateprogramming.com], called Ly
[http://sf.net/projects/lyterate/]. It's more lightweight and after
working with it for some time, I like its syntax much better than the
one of the popular Literate Programming tools. I'm currently quite
excited about it ;-)

However, I think I'd say Free Software doesn't really count: it's
important, but it's already developing quite well, so I think to get
somewhere with the Oekonux ideas, you'd have to use the often-mentioned
'principles of Free Software' in... well, *some* other field than Free Software.

To that end, I'm currently not doing too much. I'm spending some time
writing stories and I'll publish some under a Free license when I find
time to create a website for them. (Incidentally, one German one is
published on opentheory.org as a part of another project at
[http://opentheory.org/seltener-besuch/text.phtml].) I'm planning to set
up a mailing list and web page for people who want to educate themselves
freely, i.e. on the base of selbstentfaltung; I'm imagining that people
interested in learning and people interested in sharing their knowledge
find each other over the internet, and communicate either over mail/chat
or in person if there are enough people interested in some topic in one
place. I'm currently trying that concept out by learning Finnish that
way, myself (of course, that affects only myself; I'm mentioning it here
to emphasize that I'm planning this because I want to use it together
with others, not because I abstractly think 'it'd be a good thing').

I hope to make these projects reality Real Soon Now [*].

It's just that I for one have no compassion, no understanding and no
forgiveness for empty theorizing that i have noticed some people on
the list indulge in.

I'm understanding that the people theorizing here do that because it
means something to them, because they feel they learn something from it,
and that they do it out of selbstentfaltung. (Sometimes this includes
me, sometimes it doesn't. ;-) ) I think that's a good thing; if you
really like strong words, "I for one have no compassion, no
understanding and no forgiveness for not letting others follow their
Selbstentfaltung, even if it does not seem productive to somebody else
at the time" (as long as it's not harmful to anybody). I think you have
all right in the world not to be interested in theorizing, and to start
your own discussions on more concrete topics-- great if you do! If you
think you know a more productive way to do things, say so, but don't be
disappointed if others don't feel so. But what I don't like is if you
imply others should not follow their selbstentfaltung because they 'are
not helping society with it' or something like that.

- Benja