Re: [ox-en] [ot:ox-book] Zu Projekt 'ox-book'

Graham Seaman <graham seul.org> wrote:
[Translation services]
Great, can you report back to the list with a summary of the advantages
of using it? (or not, depending on what you find out)

Basically, the advantage would be an email-based translation system.
Instead of having to familiarise themselves with cvs and so on, translators
can email in and request short passages to translate.  This is then sent
back in and another translator reviews it.  How the process is working for
Debian Descriptions can be seen at http://ddtp.debian.org/

The likely problems are going to be how small to divide texts up and whether
the software itself is sufficiently flexible to handle other data.  I've
some stuff to write and distribute today, but will look at it either today
or tomorrow and let you know how things are.

[Publishers]
I agree, not an issue until we have a few eggs :-). Anyway, let a hundred
publishers bloom... I couldn't find any web links to Turo; are there any?

Not yet, no.  Turo's books is a project that I am creating mainly to publish
course materials and technical books in support of my partnership's other
work.  The few books that I have lined up already are things that I wrote a
few years ago which got bogged down when signing up with the publishers.  I
"woke up" to copyright matters during the contracts.  I think that
publishers really do try to take advantage of new authors, so I'm trying to
create a realistic alternative.

At the moment, all that exists is a skeletal web site about the technical
services the partnership offers at http://www.ttllp.co.uk/ ... the rest of
the pages are online, but I'm spending nearly all of my time covering for
illness and doing other work right now.  Soon...

--
MJR   http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   IM: slef jabber.at
      This is my home web site.   This for Jabber Messaging.

How's my writing? Let me know via any of my contact details.