Re: [ox-en] [ot:ox-book] Zu Projekt 'ox-book'

MJ Ray <markj cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
[...] http://ddtp.debian.org/
The likely problems are going to be how small to divide texts up and whether
the software itself is sufficiently flexible to handle other data.  I've
some stuff to write and distribute today, but will look at it either today
or tomorrow and let you know how things are.

Sadly, the DDTS seems quite closely tied to the parts of Debian that they
are translating.

Happily, I think at least three projects that I am in contact with would
benefit from a translation server, so I will write one based on the command
language shown in the DDTS instructions.  I will extend it slightly to allow
for translations to start from any source language (eg de) and to allow
secondary translations (ie translating a translation) if there is no primary
translation opportunity, so that things get translated to everything as soon
as possible.  Another extension will be to add "maintainers" for each
document lodged with the translation server so they also get notification of
new translations, as they won't all be fed back to a central store like
debian.

The first task once that is done will be to translate the translation server
instructions from Esperanto (one of my seconds) to all the other languages,
such as English (my first).  I'd appreciate help with that, so I'll send a
notice to the list when it's online.

MJR