Re: Labour theory of value, was: Re: [ox-en] Free market and the Internet

Hi

On Mon 03-Feb-2003 at 11:32:54AM -0500, Russell McOrmond wrote:

I am aware of the labour theory of value, and this is one of those
areas where I diverge considerably from the traditional "left".

I thought that might be the case ;-)

This is a great bit of writing on this matter:

  http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1867-c1/ch07.htm

I see this as a case of de-valuing non-human inputs, and I
consider devaluation of non-human inputs to be a large source of
our current social, ecological and economic problems worldwide.

I see the the persuit of profit as the main reason for these
(ecological problems etc) things.

Chris

--
http://chris.croome.net/#blog