Re: Venezuela (was Re: Asambleas Populares [ox-en] (was Re: It's quite around here))

On 9 Mar 2003, grok wrote:

I've been looking on and off too, but most of the stuff about Venezuela
online is by the rightwing/pro U.S. forces -- people who are more likely
to have computers connected to the Internet, of course.

You could try:
which has an awful signal-to-noise ratio (and demonstrates the problems
of trying to do anything in that kind of political environment), but
which does sometimes get announcements from Felipe Perez Marti' (minister
of technology) and some of the people working with him.

Lared (http://www.lared.com.ve/) seems to be the best source of general
linux and software related news for venezuela.

But I haven't really managed to get that much of an idea of what's going
on from either...

Graham