From: Space Bunny <lists j12.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 17:11:30 [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED]
To: aktivix burngreave.net
Subject: Re: [AktiviX] The Free software mode of production

saw this workshop scheduled to happen at the anarchist bookfair (
http://www.anarchistbookfair.org/ ):

*
*12.00 Open source revolutionaries (Provisional)**
The experience of J18 produced a debate on whether to "Give up
activism". The argument ran that our protest activism wasn't up to the
job of overcoming Capitalism as a set of social relations. The debate
was never resolved and most of our activity still appears to be
"militant lobbying". But if we give up the activist mentality what do we
replace it with?
This workshop looks at the free / open source software movements to see
if their attitudes and techniques of distributed cooperation can be
transported to political movements and whether they might provide clues
to a new model of militancy.

25th Oct ULU London

Does anyone know who is behind this?

I myself probably won't be going to that bookfair.

Space Bunny

http://j12.org/sb/freesoft.htm