Re: [ox-en] Fwd: [lists j12.org: Re: [AktiviX] The Free software mode of production]

Hi Keir!

Last month (57 days ago) keir wrote:
Hi,
I'm running that workshop. I've been lurking on this list for a few
months, I find it V. interesting BTW.

:-)

I hope any oekonuxers who can
attend will do so and I'll try and post a report on the workshop
after I've done it.

Did you? Actually I'm really interested in it. Particularly after the
experience of "We Seize!" which was on the one hand half away from
"summit hopping" but on the other hand still too close to this concept
in some ways.

http://www.anarchistbookfair.org/ ):

*
*12.00 Open source revolutionaries (Provisional)**
The experience of J18 produced a debate on whether to "Give up
activism". The argument ran that our protest activism wasn't up to the
job of overcoming Capitalism as a set of social relations. The debate
was never resolved and most of our activity still appears to be
"militant lobbying". But if we give up the activist mentality what do we
replace it with?
This workshop looks at the free / open source software movements to see
if their attitudes and techniques of distributed cooperation can be
transported to political movements and whether they might provide clues
to a new model of militancy.