Re: [ox-en] UserLinux

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Benni Baermann wrote:

Bruce Perens made a proposal to build a new Debian-based distribution
as reaction to RedHats Fedora.

Very, very interesting read from our perspective. It shows much of the
conflicting interests of the commercial and the non-commercial side of
free software and it trys to develop a new way how this both sides can
work together:

http://userlinux.com/white_paper.html

Benni

There's also some threads discussing this starting at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200312/msg00088.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200312/msg00196.html

and other points nearby

btw, did you see Peren's copyright statement:  'Copyright 2003 Perens LLC.
You may translate, excerpt, and reformat to fit your presentation, and you
may republish the result, but you may not edit the material to change my
opinion or take my statements out of context.'

Nice wishful thinking from his point of view but nightmarish from everyone
else's: a law that  could stop people quoting you out of context!

Graham