Re: [ox-en] Free as in America

Hi

On Fri 05-Dec-2003 at 08:51:59AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Martin Hardie wrote:

But has anyone seen this
http://www.sco.com/copyright/

Yeah just read it from this link:

  McBride's New Open Letter on Copyrights

The bit that really struck me from McBride's letter is:

  Despite the raw emotions, however, the issue is clear:
  do you support copyrights and ownership of intellectual
  property as envisioned by our elected officials in
  Congress and the European Union, or do you support
  "free" -- as in free from ownership -- intellectual
  property envisioned by the Free Software Foundation, Red
  Hat and others? There really is no middle ground. The
  future of the global economy hangs in the balance.

I think he is right about one thing...

Chris