Re: Documentation Standards was Re: [ox-en] UserLinux

On Monday 08 December 2003 17:41, august wrote:
software needs to be free because people need freedom. How the
software gets produced isn't really the important bit.

people need freedom?  huh?  what does that mean?
sounds a bit like a certain world leader talking.

Exaclty
The whole talk af freedom is freedom within the confines of the American
dream. To tie Floss to American freedom is to tie it to Imperial capital. I
am glad some people here are staring to question these high priests and their
rhetoric and seeing Floss (we will have to find a new name sometime) as a
form of community knowledge prodiuction. My nascent view is that to talk
within th confines of American freedom is to mean that you are tied to that
speech-property binary.
It is no use that information is free - it is of use that we can control our
knowlegde

--

http://openflows.org/~auskadi/

"Mind you, I am not asking you to bear witness to what you believe false,
which would be a sin, but to testify falsely to what you believe true - which
is a virtuous act because it compensates for lack of proof of something
that certainly exists or happened." Bishop Otto to Baudolino in Umberto Eco's
Baudolino.