Re: Documentation Standards was Re: [ox-en] UserLinux

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 05:23:30AM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Martin Hardie wrote:
Proprietary as in copyright has beena round for about 400 plus years
and even ebfore hat it might not have been proprietary/copyright but
it was controlled always

(1) The Statute of Anne, the first copyright law, was passed less than
    three hundred years ago.

(2) Earlier mechanisms of control were things like state-based
    monopolies, had absolutely nothing to do with creative rights and
    a lot more to do with censorship.

but people still persist in this free as in freedom stuff free as in
freedom as in the us means being able to innovate to profit,
contract and make and sell property

Says you. As a free software developer, critic, and activist for the
last decade, I can promise you that free software developers as a
group are not as uncritical or homogeneous as you seem to be implying.

Can we move beyond the mantras of the high priests?

Can you move beyond dismissing the philosophy and language of the free
software movement as a whole an an uncritical regurgitation of a
philosophy which you claim you know more about than the practicioners
themselves?

Regards,
Mako

--