Re: [ox-en] Germ of a new form of society or germ of a new form of business?

New Thread ...
a step to clarification ....(just for you Rich!!)

I was attracted to Stefan Merten's writings in part because of his
characterisation of things p2p as a germ of a new form of society.
However I am find that many people here - or my impression; talk or are more
interested in a germ of a new way of doing business or a new business model.

There's a political quote I can't remember; it goes something like: My
enemies I don't worry about - they give me strength. But those who claim
to be my friends - they are my biggest problem.

Are both of these the "Oekonux way"?

I come from a long background of looking at the long-term impact of
robotics. Two things appear quickly in that thinking:

1) General-purpose humanoid robots should be able to do most of the
   things people do as jobs.

2) General-purpose production machinery can construct things in batch
   sizes as small as 1 with gains in lifecycle efficiency using designs
   from anywhere.

A variety of interesting things follow from this.

As to what the Oekonux Way is? good question.

Are they the same thing?

good morning and a good day to all

cheers, Rich

[muddying the waters of Internet discussions since 1992]

--
rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |