Re: [ox-en] Re: RFC's, the jargon entry - Law and Rule

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Martin Hardie wrote:

This I suppose is a question. A friend and I have been doing some stuff about
the status of RFC's as law. Thus I am interested to explore what is this
thing, the "jargon entry". As it seems to play some roles in our things are
understood, explained and regulated.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/

Maintained by Eric Raymond - but existed before he took it over - to some
people's annoyance, since they perceive him as altering/adding entries to
suit his personal politics...

There's an attempt by him to justify what he's done to it at:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/jargtxt.html

It would be interesting to see what you can do with it - if there's any
way to re-historicize it outside esr's point of view, for example.

Graham