Re: [ox-en] Nazi in Debian Alert

Benj. Mako Hill wrote:

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 10:55:40AM +0000, Paul Bowman wrote:
The horrifying part was when I realised that Jonathan Walther (said
nazi in question) was a current member of the Debian development
team "in good standing" so to speak.
On a technical POI, as this quote has been mentioned before, what I was specifically horrified by was that he had not been sussed out despite doing such a bad job of "hiding" his views.

<SNIP>

Since you have brought your actions and your emails to Bruce and
Richard and the follow-up on Debian private into the open I will
publicly say that *you* are directly and indirectly responsible for
more traffic on debian-private in the last two months than everything
else put together.
Sheesh, and I thought it was those pages JW was hosting... In fact if Bruce had done what I asked and passed on the info rather than an email that was intended to be private (hence the attempts to provide a bit of psychological support in case JW had used conventions & other such physical gatherings to get too close for comfort) my name would not be linked with this. At least not until 2 weeks later since when the ominous silence gave rise to the suspicion that a "lets hush it up and hope it goes away" policy was being adopted. People outside the Debian inner core also have a right to be warned that wariness in revealing personal details to individuals like JW might be advisable. Like I said, it's a health and safety at work issue, more than anything else.

Not that I couldn't respond on many of your other points but I have already committed to trying to put this one on ice now folks are alerted to any potential dangers to their person. So I shall stop there.

Paul