Re: [ox-en] Darkness Transfigured WAS The Disease

i saw the bunnymen in about 92 or 93 at one of the first/the first womad near bath ........

On Friday 06 February 2004 16:56, Adam Moran wrote:
[the *Disease*]
taken from Echo & the Bunnymen

My sibling reworked the *Disease* a year or two before then ... to give some context, the two compositions lie on either side of 1984 ... and that was tough year in /yk/ in many ways:

Darkness Transfigured
---------------------

"When one is in fear of the truth, as I am now, it is never the whole truth which one is in fear of."

My life's the disease that could always change
Phthisic colours of blue and green
My life's a disease that could always change
Lacking any balance, replete the spleen

This dying season, the world's closing down
Down tunneling world sight
(Black death proves forth life's weird)
Upstaging this world-life a deep dark frown

Black death proves forth life's weird
The unending world, place - time
As I walk around Moscow with a false beard
Some pathetic spy - down's great crime

Locked in some decaying prison of the self
Faint whisperings of the world unite our plight
Zoomed up, increase our health
Nations of our toxic world

Our life's the disease that could always change
Just given a chance
Chemical patterns of unbalance and greed
Festering and starving on T.V.

Our life's the disease that could always change
Just given the chance
Ignorance and moral ineptitude
That happens over there but doesn't happen here

And you know God created all men equal
And you know that God created all men equal
With these unique vantage points upzoom
So lets take the money and run

Shut the door and kill the beast
Let's kill it.

Gifted by *Our Pat* - Released in to the Public Domain.
http://testers.mkdoc.com/pat-fury/