Re: [ox-en] J Bywater - Deluze a holy fool?

Hi Johan,

Holy Fools http://www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk/theory-holyfools.html

Thanks for the reference. It lead me on to here:

http://rhizome.org/info/index.php

I've heard 'rhizome' mentioned on the list before, but had never understood the meaning. This to me seems a suitable word to use to describe the form of the phenomenon we are experiencing.

Holy Fools http://www.hrc.wmin.ac.uk/theory-holyfools.html
Im trying to make my mind up on this, so im greatful for orientation.

I suppose it wouldn't take me long before quoting the metaphysics of Epicurus at Richard Barbrook ... at least in my head. I guess that would make me seem to him to be a holy fool. However I think he is mistaken to generalise the understandings of the people he tries to categories. For instance:

At the end of the century, the superficiality of post-modernism is no longer fashionable among radical intellectuals. Because the Soviet Union has collapsed, the European avant-garde can return to its old obsession with Leninism.

I think this sentence tells us more about where Richard is, in his head, than anything else.

--
Adam