Re: [ox-en] A word from SCO

Johan
This continues the thread of SCO and others ... I am not at all surprised and
it is one reason why I hold a more ... or better less boosterist position
than some here. I have written soemthing on this and it will be published
soon in the Sarai Journal. It is due for publication on 28 February and I
dont think I can distribute it publicly till then. Its only a week. But there
is a concereted attempt by capital to control Floss. I even think that
governmental adoption of Floss plays a role oin this process. I dont talk
baout this in the article but started thinking about it after I read an
article this week:
 Steven Weber The Political Economy of Open Source Software
http://repositories.cdlib.org/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1011&context=brie
If you have trouble gettng it to open go to http://repositories.cdlib.org/ and
search for it. The discussion about standards and Floss being outside
governemnt gave me some food for thought.
But back to SCO - we wills ee more of these moves to control on many fronts.
Martin