Re: [ox-en] Interview with Peter Lamborn Wilson

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 07:53:06PM [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Niall Douglas wrote:
Hmm. Your misquoting of me still litters google searches for my name
and probably will forever.

I disagree that it was a misquote. You've claimed that I took it out
of context, but I don't see that the context makes a difference.

If I remember, the quote as you used it made it look like I was
saying all voluntary work without remuneration was a waste. In fact,
I was saying that voluntary work *duplicating* *existing*
*functionality* without remuneration a waste which is clear if you
read that quote in context. The former makes me look like a dickhead
whereas the latter is my actual opinion.

I found the context:

http://www.oekonux.org/list-en/archive/msg02040.html

Judge for yourselves, folks.
--
Robin

"I strongly recommend simply buying a Linux tshirt, telling everyone
how good Linux is and continuing to use Windows. All of the effect
without the danger." -- Daniel Davies