Re: [ox-en] Lula & GNU/Linux

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 06:07:25 -0700 (PDT), "johan soderberg"
<soderbergjohan yahoo.com> said:

Hi everyone.

I don?t speak Spanish nor Portuguese so I have difficulties keeping apace
with the development in South America. Do anyone know what Lula's policy
is towards FOSS at the moment? And elsewhere on the continent?

sincerely

Johan

Hello,

This is my favorite site in general for FOSS in LA.

http://www.softwarelivre.org/

Babelfish does a decent job to English, have a look:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=pt_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.softwarelivre.org/

The big news this week was Venezuela's adoption of FOSS in government:

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Venezuela-Government-To-Make-Open-Source-Obligatory-37008.html
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=pt_en&trurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.softwarelivre.org%2fnews%2f3092

Cheers,
--