Re: [ox-en] Journal of Hyper(+)drome.Manifestation

[1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]

Excuse the late reply, your message got burried in the pile of e-mails I had left over Christmas.

However, is this really completely new? If you look at it in older
terms than it means that above average surplus can be generated by
creating new products. The change is now that the average surplus
value approximates zero and the only way to generate relevant surplus
value left is then to create new products. Thus this is only an extension of a standard >capitalist scheme.Capitalist innovation was always driven by this principle but the rate
now reaches unprecedented speed. The question is whether this changes
the quality of the whole phenomenon.

Yes, I think it can be seen as that gradual change which takes the temprature in water from 99 to 100 degrees. Nothing absolute and pure, uneven and contradictory development as always. I like her theory since it gives a theoretical framework explaining the shift from direct labour to immaterial labour.

/Johan