Re: [ox-en] Opensourcing biologically integrated systems for nutrition

Franz,

Thanks for sharing this. At first I was sceptical of
the communal approach (I lived in 2 so I know how
difficult it is), but as I saw the links he's making
between open sourcing industrial processes and the
possibility of a distributed economy, that is a
crucial condition he's pointing out.

Thomas Malone, expert in coordination theory, is
publishing an open source handbook of business
processes. Not the same at all, and he's working from
deep within the system, but of interest I think.
Open source is a mighty concept when it comes to
cracking through the
industrial system. I noticed that even the
industrial nutrients are not
open
source. First, it is hard to get some of the
components, and formulas are
key. Thus, opening up this information may be a
great service to society.
If
one can open source industrial lettuce production, i
predict that we will
get closer to Jeffersonian democracy (means of
production in many hands).
Thus my approach. With initial economic power of
open source industrial
systems, we can then start talking of transformation
of the economic
system
in a mainstream fashion. I can't tell what will
happen after that, but i
predict that open source industrial processes lead
to collapse of mass
production and reinvention of production by the
masses, namely,  of
quality
goods.

That's my two cents.