[ox-en] getting online representation going to support meaningful work

I share this post with several lists because I think it is utterly and
equally important and thoughts and concerns are parallel. Please only
reply to and on your own list.

Marcin Jakubowski is head and co-developer of Open Source Ecology in the
US, a form of third-generation intentional community whose goal is not
only support its members, but develop a schem of positive social change by
choosing the right livelyhood.

see http://www.sourceopen.org

I have recently promoted their first lettuce-based work result:

http://www.sourceopen.org/wiki/?pagename=OpenSourceEcology.Hydroponics

OSE people are commited to research and learning, they are at the
forefront of Neo-Subsistence which will replace the old Industrial System
in the speed of light -  not only out of necessity, but because it is
simply the best and most sustainable lifestyle that you can live on this
planet. Neo-Subsistence is based on the revitalisation of rural areas and
the communal self-production of every aspect of life. This is much more
fun that it might originally sound, because it is a creative game with
possibilities we never had before!!  NeoSubsistence is not limited no Low
Tech, it is a form of what Frithjof Bergmann called High Tech Self
providing - running miracles of self-replicating, biotope-morphed organic
feedback cycles whose possibilities to feed and support humans have almost
not been tapped into-  because agriculture was dominated by an obsolete
linear model where abstract human labour was at the center.

One Aspect of NeoSubsistence is the constant research and exchange of
experiences done through the net. We do improve our knowledge and
fine-tune it by not keeping anything secret, but sharing openly. But
Marcin expresses the problems here, and I think we are at a new important
point in our learning curve. Basically it ties wonderfully into what
Andrius has learned from Samuel in Africa, that we need to establish
online representation of people that are relevant, but not able to follow
through the lists. Andrius thinks maybe rightfully that occasional lurking
is a form to run information exchange in our labs, but I think it is also
simply painful to have to follow that information stream. I am grateful
for Marcin to share that feeling with us: I can read only so many lists,
and those lists are competing for attention. The result is frustration.
Than is an incentive to run discussion lists more efficiently and
professionally, although never compromising the element of spontaneity.

Marcin Jakubowski and Andrius Kulikauskas are both at the same track of
evolutionary development when they require online representation as an
important structural element to promote our culture. Online representation
takes into accountthat the people doing relevent things might not be able
to "work openly" on the net out of varioius reasons.

I think one simple step and good example to resolve that problem would be
to ask for people close to Marcins site to help in the endavour to get
messages of meaningful nature out and in.

The site is in Osborne, Missouri,USA, see
http://www.sourceopen.org/wiki/?pagename=OpenSourceEcology.FacilityInOsbornMOUSA

It would require frequent visits, the deep understanding what is going on
there, and a deep enthusiasm for the spreading of knowledge and
"technologies for the masses productiveness". Is there any people who
might want to support this? Then read on:

I share what Marcin has written in the globalvillages group and I comment
it:

"marcin jakubowski" <marcin_ose hotmail.com> on Samstag, 1. Oktober 2005