Re: [ox-en] [Upd-discuss] Paper:"Digital property" By Sabine Nuss - Response t

list-en oekonux.org schrieb am Freitag, 07. Oktober 2005 um 14:13 [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED]:

I have a problem with the global village approach. One
of the emerging needs and desires is for worldwide
communication and travel. I agree that an excess of
travel may be unsustainable, but it is also a true and
legitimate desire, coupled with global culture
exchange and the use of foods from other regions.

I agree that prices should reflect real costs. On the
other hand, I'm pretty sure that many do no longer
have the desire to live in close-nit ecovillages.

What do you think?

The global village approach has a lot of rooms for travelling.....

it is very interesting to ask if we can travel with a richer experience,
taking more time and so on.
in the moment we reduce forced mobility, there will be more room for
voluntary mobility....

travel by ship, airhip, train....

have floating and rolling villages to accomodate us....

I do not like close-nit ecovillages that much, that is why I looked for a
new name that reflects our needs better....

Franz