Re: [ox-en] "Arctic Monkeys" - breakthrough for Free Music?

Hi!

4 months (137 days) ago V Sasi Kumar wrote:
On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 23:06 [PHONE NUMBER REMOVED], Stefan Merten wrote:

A few minutes ago in a German TV newscast they said that in Britain
the band Arctic Monkeys has a #1 in the music charts. They said that
this band started to distribute their music by Internet and still do.
This sounds really exciting :-) .

Can anyone provide us with some more information on this? Links?

Right now, neither their website www.arcticmonkeys.com nor www.mp3.com
does provide downloads. But the former site says "Downloads are com ing
soon so please keep watching." So, we can only "keep watching" for
now. :)

I checked the web sites recently and indeed I found none of their
music for free. May be that's an example then how to commercialize a
Free products :-( .

Please note this message is written on an offline laptop
and send out in the evening of the day it is written. It
does not take any information into account which may have
reached my mailbox since yesterday evening.