Re: [ox-en] Initiatives for next Oekonux Conference

Hi lists!

I already wrote this mail last Monday but all copies have been eaten
by the server crash :-( .

3 weeks (24 days) ago Stefan Merten wrote:
Well, I'm actually delighted by so much enthusiasm :-) :-) .

My personal impression is that at the moment there is a lot of
positive energy for a 4th Oekonux Conference so we should really start
organizing it. For this it is probably most important to first agree
on a location and then on a date. Then we have a visible goal and who
ever likes to can start working on reaching it.

What do you think about these locations? Which one would you prefer
for which reasons?

Obviously there is no controversy here :-) .

To get us going: I'd prefer Northern UK / Manchester slightly - mainly
because there are two Oekonuxis who offered support for this option.
May be Rome could be a good place for a 5th conference. Also there is
a lot of virtual work to do so magius can engage there if he likes.

I checked with magius and understood that things are fine with him.

I think the exact city / place to try can be found on [pox] now.

I'll bring this to [pox] to not clutter [ox-en] with too much
organizational details.

tend to give us more time and would opt for November 2007 - or may be
October. Does anyone know of any major events in this period which
could overlap in topic with an Oekonux Conference? This would need to
be considered when fixing a date.

Anyone an idea of any relevant event during that time?

I also updated

	http://en.wiki.oekonux.org/Oekonux/Project/Conferences/4thConference

and some sub pages in the Wiki. Since I did the changes in my laptop
copy of the Wiki they will be available as soon as the Wikis are
restored (next Monday latest). Feel free to contribute ideas and
comments there.

Please note this message is written on an offline laptop
and send out in the evening of the day it is written. It
does not take any information into account which may have
reached my mailbox since yesterday evening.