Re: [ox-en] CouchSurfing, and the Center for Adventure Economics

Michael Bauwens <michelsub2003 yahoo.com> writes:

regarding post
http://www.oekonux.org/list-en/archive/msg03701.html

and

http://www.oekonux.org/list-en/archive/msg03702.html

Kasper,

I'm extremely impressed by your community's work, I
think that extended to the concept of 'free life' and
with the adventure economics and metrics, it is one of
the missing pieces that we needed for a peer to peer
economy beyond the market.

I actually spend almost 3 weeks in November cataloging
and annotating the free project at the Oekonux site,
then our server crashed, and all that work was lost.
I haven't had the courage nor the time to start that
process again, but still feel that because the
p2pfoundation is already so comprehensive, an index of
free projects would be a natural fit. If there would
be any volunteers eventually, that would be really
great.

Michel

wonderful!

Michel, thank you for paying attention.

I think we need to find out about the "technology of aggregation".

Many Oekonuxers have left because blogging seemed more efficient as
technology of aggregation and editing content in a wiki is really painful.

So my question is: can we combine both?

Andrius Kulikauskas with his incredible energy is currently trying to
build new types of content aggregaors, by collecting and tagging
information in stories.

His field of action currently is food, but the method is content
independent, I like this idea of casually dropping informations into the
right basket to further aggregate them.

But I also like that this content becomes more of an Article or a
HyperText....

So I think one good approach is starting to tag contributions in a mailing
list. I mean Stefan Merten is open to creative hacks, but so far we have
not discovered that it could be possible to tag the letters in a mainling
list so you can condense material delivered in it for further use.    If
we would do that from the very first point, write our daily contributions
into a aggregator form from where we start with initial tagging and let
editors do further tagging, we would arrive in a way at least at a dropbox
for thoughts. Maybe there can even be an email template for this in raw
text.

From there it is not so difficult to take such material and edit sections
in a wiki, when you have specialized investigators watching for some kind
of categories and a thoughtscape like - just for example - the much
underestimated Oekonux Wiki.....I came to like its fractal approach which
shows in the most comfortable and efficient TOC building.

http://de.wiki.oekonux.org/Inhaltsverzeichnis

I wonder if the ingenuity of Andrius to find paying customers for such
ventures could not help us to get to a more reliable culture of content
building. So the idea is not to pay people upfront, but to support and
reward quality work done for free - so people are encouraged to continue
whatever they started doing allready from their inner calling. This is
exactly the business Model of Minciu Sodas and I think it is compatible
with the goals that we all have.

I include Andrius in this . I am sure he likes to brainstorm with us about
such a volunteer blitz together with community incentive.

Franz