Re: [ox-en] CouchSurfing, and the Center for Adventure Economics

--- Franz Nahrada <f.nahrada reflex.at> wrote:

\
I think we need to find out about the "technology of
aggregation".

Many Oekonuxers have left because blogging seemed
more efficient as
technology of aggregation and editing content in a
wiki is really painful.

So my question is: can we combine both?

hmm ... why is editing content so painful. Why are
millions of people doing it and why do I find it so
easy?

but of course, it's not a panacea, and tagging is
useful as well. There are many private groupware
solutions out there, but what we need I think is just
a clever combination of various existing modules.

Where can we see this story tagging in action?

Andrius Kulikauskas with his incredible energy is
currently trying to
build new types of content aggregaors, by collecting
and tagging
information in stories.

I wonder if the ingenuity of Andrius to find paying
customers for such
ventures could not help us to get to a more reliable
culture of content
building. So the idea is not to pay people upfront,
but to support and
reward quality work done for free - so people are
encouraged to continue
whatever they started doing allready from their
inner calling. This is
exactly the business Model of Minciu Sodas and I
think it is compatible
with the goals that we all have.

This is consistent with how most free software
projects have approached things, according to Benjamin
Mako Hill.

I include Andrius in this . I am sure he likes to
brainstorm with us about
such a volunteer blitz together with community
incentive.

Franz

The P2P Foundation researches, documents and promotes peer to peer alternatives.

Wiki and Encyclopedia, at http://p2pfoundation.net; Blog, at http://blog.p2pfoundation.net; Newsletter, at http://integralvisioning.org/index.php?topic=p2p

Basic essay at http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=499; interview at  http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/09/p2p-very-core-of-world-to-come.html; video interview, at http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2006/09/29/network_collaboration_peer_to_peer.htm