Re: [ox-en] Free Software and social movements in South America

FYI on the topic of LA
www.installfest.info

some <100 cities <10 countries in one day installing linux and celebrating the day...

is not the first time and in a month we will do for the second time some open source video streams, see last year screenshots:
http://flickr.com/photos/alejoduque/sets/72157594285009189/

so, i dont see the point in generalizing the state of SL in LA according to one experience in one particular country, in colombia from where i am, theres a stromg and growing community but the goverment had 2 weeks ago the visit from bush and gates at the same time....the colombian president alvaro uribe is a big fan of them so you can imagine the gov support FLOSS has in colombia.

/a